NOW that reefer facilities have opened in TecPlata, logistics services now rival what is available 60 kilometres away from Beunos Aires, notes...
- ICTSI handles imports at La Plata that now rival Buenos Aires
- Airbus beats Boeing on deliveries, avoids order cancellations
THE Covid-battered commercial aviation market finds Airbus ahead as it has delivered 39 jets last month while its rival Boeing delivered only 13
- Pacific International Lines founder Chang Yun Chun at 102
Chang Yun Chung, the 102-year-old founder of Pacific International Lines (PIL), passed away peacefully at home in Singapore on Friday morning
- Forbes man: 'If Biden wins Trump's trade deal is toast'
THE trade deal worked out by US President Donald Trump will be scrapped if Joe Biden wins the November 3 presidential election, according to Forbes...
- Milestone with SANMAR's technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
Another milestone for Orkney Island Council and SANMAR with technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- U.S. turns screws on maritime industry to cut off Venezuela's oil
Several companies that certify vessels are seaworthy and ship insurers have withdrawn services to tankers involved in the Venezuelan oil trade as the...
- Air cargo guys say ecommerce will deliver the goods well into 2021
THE air cargo market will likely remain a bright spot for airlines well into 2021 as growth in e-commerce displaces Covid-driven shipments of...
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- 100 dead, 4,000 injured in Beirut port ammonium nitrate blast
MORE than 78 were killed and 4,000 injured when a cache of ammonium nitrate in a Port of Beirut exploded, showering broken glasd city-wide over...
- Ethiopian B777 freighter damaged in Shanghai blaze
AN Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777 freighter caught fire at Shanghai Pudong airport while cargo was being loaded
- Box ship demolition increases, but scrap prices have fallen 25pc this year
CONTAINERSHIP demolition sales have picked up, but scrap prices have fallen 25 per cent this year, reports London's Loadstar
- Port of Virginia's FY2020 box volumes down 6.2pc handling 2.8m TEU
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume was off by more than 181,000 TEU in fiscal year 2020, with the decrease attributable to the trade tariffs...
- Trans China Railway unites lines to feed China-EU block trains
CHINESE railways, that span much of the vast interior of the country, have combined into a national network called the Trans China Railway (TCR)
- Italy, Malta reject 52 migrants stranded on animal cargo ship!
Captain of Lebanese cargo ship carrying 52 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean says food and water are running out.
- Launch capsize in Buriganga: 32 bodies recovered so far
Rescue workers recovered the bodies of 32 people after a launch carrying over 100 passengers capsized in Buriganga river at Dhaka's Shyambazar this...
- Seafarer's Day Message from the Maritime Safety Association: "Seafarers are Key Workers"
Captain Cahit Istikbal, the President of the Marine Safety Association (DEDER), issued a congratulatory message on the occasion of 25 June, Day of...
- Seafarers Need Recognition and Support from Governments: IMO Chief
The world’s top maritime regulator writes that seafarers are ensuring the movement of essential goods during the pandemic, but restrictions on crew...
- 42,000 cruise ship workers still trapped at sea
Still, at least 42,000 workers remain trapped on cruise ships without paychecks — some still suffering from COVID-19 — three months after the...