THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- LA-Long Beach gate fees rise 4.2pc to US$33.47/TEU from August 1
TRAFFIC mitigation fees levied at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach will increase 4
- Survey on Covid-19 impact on maritime workforce
LLOYD's Register (LR) in partnership with the UK Chamber of Shipping, the Mission to Seafarers, Safety at Sea and with the support of other...
- LA-LB terminal operators to put up gate fees by 4.2pc from August 1
TERMINAL operators at Los Angeles-Long Beach ports are to increase the traffic mitigation fee (TMF) used to fund night and weekend gates at the port...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- LR and industry partners launch survey on COVID-19 impact on maritime workforce
Survey for seafarers and shore-side staff to gather insights on how the maritime sector has navigated the pandemic
- FAA releases plan to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes
THE Federal Aviation Administration (F) released a multi-stepped plan on how to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes on Boeing...
- OOCL cancels Pearl River sailings, but restores one from Shanghai
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced the cancellations of several Pearl River transpacific sailings...
- April reduction in air freight largest since 2009 recession
THE Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI), based on the amount of freight carried by the for-hire transportation, fell 7
- Long Beach's new Gerald Desmond bridge opens in August
THE Port of Long Beach's new bridge replacing the old Gerald Desmond is scheduled to be open for truck and commuter traffic mid-August, according...
- 42,000 cruise ship workers still trapped at sea
Still, at least 42,000 workers remain trapped on cruise ships without paychecks — some still suffering from COVID-19 — three months after the...
- US law forces US companies to shun mainland China gear
A US new law banning any gear from Huawei Technologies is being implemented across government contractors, according to Bloomberg
- US Asian imports fall in May after April dip, no pick-up seen till August
US IMPORTS from Asia fell 18
- Capacity crunch continues on Asia-Europe trade, but it's guesswork for the summer
HEAUL cargo visibility for Asia-North Europe carriers is still unclear for July and August, with much depending on the speed of the economic recovery...
- APL box ship loses 40 containers overboard in rough seas near Australia
SINGAPORE-FLAGGED container ship APL England has reportedly lost 40 containers overboard while encountering heavy seas off the coast of Australia
- US, European officials to move quickly to replace departing WTO leader
US and European Union officials say they want to move rapidly to replace the head of the World Trade Organisation after director-general Roberto...
- Indonesia to ease lockdown May 20 to save shattered economy
INDONESIAN officials have started talks on reopening the country for business from June, as job losses accelerate and businesses struggle to survive...
- "Washington's aggressive naval posturing continues despite pandemic"