HELSINKI, Finland-headquartered Cargotec has completed the sale of its share of the joint venture Rainbow-Cargotec Industries Co Ltd (RCI) in China
- Cargotec unloads 49pc share in China joint venture
- Lufthansa Group obtains US$9.9b in financial support
LUFTHANSA Group has secured approval from the federal German government's economic stabilisation fund, WSF, for a EUR9 billion (US$9
- European Environmental Ports Conference in Rotterdam June 24-25
THE European Environmental Ports Conference 2020 will take place on June 24 and 25 in Rotterdam accenting the theme 'Overcoming & Tackling the...
- Korean Air plans to raise US$817 million to stay afloat as flag carrier
KOREAN Air Lines plans to sell new shares to raise about KWN1 trillion won (US$817 million) after the coronavirus outbreak wiped out 90 per cent of...
- Chem giant Dow set to sell ports, marine terminals, storage, rail facilities
AMERICAN chemical giant Dow Inc is exploring the sale of its ports on the US Gulf Coast and six railway hubs as it refocuses on chemicals, reports...
- Coronavirus drives logistics sector towards greater use of technology
THE coronavirus pandemic has prompted the logistics sector to invest more heavily in the use of technology, with 67 per cent of shipping and freight...
- DP World creates digital platforms to move global trade online
DP World has rolled out online logistics tools and services as part of a connected ecosystem of platforms to enable forwarders and businesses to book...
- XPO to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics plans to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
- Full speed ahead for CMA CGM's upbeat boss, despite CEVA and debt woes
DESPITE slipping from third to fourth place in Alphaliner's ocean carrier rankings and carrying a debt load of US$18 billion against an annual...
- Smaller carriers, owner-operators may fall prey to ransomware
THE Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) says that ransomware actors are actively targeting the transportation, healthcare and industrial industries
- Kuehne + Nagel sells UK contract logistics portfolio to XPO Logistics
SWISS global transport and logistics company Kuehne + Nagel has entered into an agreement to sell a major part of its UK contract logistics portfolio...
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3
- Alstom to acquire rail unit of Bombardier for up to US$6.7b
FRENCH train maker Alstom SA agreed to buy the rail unit of Bombardier Inc
- Navis acquires Biarri Rail to improve the operation of freight networks
CARGOTEC's Navis is to acquire the assets of Biarri Rail, a global provider of planning and scheduling optimisation software for freight railways
- Air Zimbabwe fails to raise investors to supply forex starved state
ZIMBAWE's national airline, Air Zimbabwe, has failed to secure outside investment, dealing a blow to government plans to sell state-owned assets...
- Trainmaker Alstom in talks for US$7 billion buyout of Bombardier unit
FRENCH train maker Alstom confirmed it's in talks to acquire the rail business of embattled Canadian train and plane maker Bombardier, the...
- Freighter conversions all the rage as Boeing wins small aircraft orders
US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co failed to win any orders for commercial aircraft in January for the first time in over half a century
- Bombardier exits aerospace with A220 deal, and other dismemberments
CANADIAN plane maker Bombardier, which once made everything from snowmobiles to commercial jets, is poised to become a shadow of its former self as...
- SM Line replaces HMM on MSC and Maersk's transpacific routes
2M partners Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) have found a new South Korean shipping line to team up with on the transpacific...