AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
- COLREGS: Still fit for purpose?
There has been much debate about the COLREGS over the last 12 months or so, with many suggesting that it is now time for not just some amendments but...
- Jet fuel consumption outlook revised downwards: EIA
ENERGY Information Administration's (EIA's) latest Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) shows that jet fuel consumption through 2050 is set to grow at...
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity
- Forwarders show digital savvy, but face carrier, young cyber rivals
LEADING forwarders have made major advances in their online sales capabilities, but face sharp competition from digital forwarders and container...
- Old Dominion Freight Line revenue advances despite softer market
OLD Dominion Freight Line, the big Nasdaq-listed North Carolina trucker, posted a quarterly 2
- Big shipping seeks high carbon taxes that drive up compliance costs
BIG shipping lines are advocating a levy on carbon emissions on shipping in an effort to tighten rules on greenhouse gas emissions, Reuters reports
- Ballast Water Management Conference in Rotterdam November 20
THE 24th Ballast Water Management Conference will take place November 20 in Rotterdam, Active Communications International (ACI) organisers have...
- Conference in London to focus on information warfare in the maritime environment
SMi will present the third annual Maritime Information Warfare conference at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington, London from November 18-19
- ACL to show unit loading device app at Caspian Air Cargo Summit
ACL Airshop is continuing to expand its product portfolio at this week's Caspian Air Cargo Summit in Baku, Azerbaijan
- DHL Express announces 5pc price increase for 2020 in Hong Kong and Macau
MAJOR international express services provider, DHL Express, has announced an average shipment price increase of 4
- UPS tests self-driving tractor trailers with TuSimple
UPS Ventures, the venture capital arm of UPS, has invested in a minority stake in autonomous driving company TuSimple
- Maritime firms question their future role with robotic ships
AUTONOMOUS shipping is slowly gaining greater attention in the maritime industry with some saying its pose an existential threat to the industry
- Ever-growing size of ships prompts concerns among marine insurers
CONTAINERSHIPS have increased in capacity more than tenfold in the last 50 years, and risks have risen proportionally, according to insurer...
- CN announces new COO and chief information technology officer
THE Canadian National Railway (CN) has announced Rob Reilly will become vice president and chief operating officer on July 1 and Michael Foster will...
- Qantas picks WFS for 3-year contract in Dallas Fort Worth
GROUNNDLER Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has expanded its services at Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) airport after winning a three-year contract from...
- Upgrades enable Congo's ICTSI terminal to handle 2,500 TEU ships
THE Matadi Gateway Terminal (MGT), part of the ICTSI group and located in Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), has received the 2,500-TEU...
- Growing protectionism major concern of Japanese shipping executives
THE leaders of Japan's three largest shipping companies - NYK, MOL and 'K' Line - have expressed concern about increased protectionism...
- Xi-Trump meet: Forbes polls fellow capitalists, finds mood positive
STILL suspicious, but buoyed by an upturn in the Chinese stock market after the Trump-Xi trade talks at the G20 summit, China trade watchers...
- Textainer first leasing company to buy PrimeLINE reefers - buys 1,000
BERMUDA based container lessor Textainer has placed a 1,000-unit order for the PrimeLINE ONE refrigerated container by Carrier Transicold and...