As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL orders three B767 conversions from Israel's IAI
ISRAEL Aerospace Industries (IAI) has clinched a contract to convert an additional three B767-300 aircraft for DHL
- OOCL clinches fuel efficiency gong
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has been presented with the Fuel Efficiency Award at the Seatrade Maritime...
- US-China trade deal impacted by Covid-19 as bilateral trade slows
CHINA and the US have committed to fulfilling phase one their trade deal since the outbreak the Covid-19 pandemic, analysts have a recent decline in...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- SANMAR: Out with the Old, In with the New
Sanmar have decided to discontinue with Dogancay and Ulupinar Series which to date have accounted for 31, 26 and 20 units built and delivered...
- At least six migrants died, 93 rescued off Libya's coast
UN says rescued migrants, including one woman who gave birth on a rubber dinghy, brought back to Libya.
- Egypt removes 14 tonnes of waste from Red Sea!
Egypt's environment ministry announced the removal of 14 tonnes of waste from the Red Sea port as part of a government campaign launched recently to...
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19
- Qatar Cargo volume boosted by bellyhold and freighter operations
QATAR Airways Cargo has continued to head the market in April as volumes hit 900 million cargo tonne kilometres (CTK), according to IATA data,...
- Air cargo weakened in May due to Covid-19: AAPA
PRELIMINARY May 2020 traffic analysis from the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) saw air cargo demand in May, measured in freight tonne...
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- MOL leads consortium to test unmanned vessels this year
JAPAN's Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) has announced that two of its group and other consortium members have applied to the Nippon Foundation to fund...
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...