JAPANESE shipping giant NYK and its group company, MTI Co Ltd, have received approval in principle for an autonomous ship framework that is currently...
- ClassNK gives NYK go-ahead for autonomous ship development framework
- Autonomous Ship Framework obtains approval
ClassNK, a classification society based in Japan, reviewed the safety of the framework and certified the concept design on February 20, 2020 the...
- World's biggest dual fuel use engine to power world's biggest ships
THE Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Marine Machinery & Equipment Co has delivered the MET Turbochargers for the world's largest two-stroke dual-fuel...
- Leipzig/Halle airport cargo achieves record high of 112,587 tonnes
GERMANY's Leipzig/Halle Airport, Europe's fifth largest air cargo hub, handled a record 112,587 tonnes of air freight in October,...
- SCPA achieves record monthly box throughput of 233,110 TEU in August
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) handled an all-time high of 233,110 TEU at the Wando Welch and north Charleston container terminals in...
- U-Freight Hong Kong's logistics hub achieves air cargo screening accreditation
THE Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (CAD) has certified U-Freight Group's logistics hub in the special administrative region as a Regulated...
- ICTSI Mexico achieves 4 million TEU milestone amid capacity expansion
THE Mexican subsidiary of Manila's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) at the port of Manzanillo, Contecon Manzanillo SA de CV...
- Melbourne port achieves 4.1pc growth in June to 241,985 TEU
THE Port of Melbourne saw container throughput rise 4
- China's ForU Trucking says big data is revolutionising freight transport
ARTIFICIAL intelligence and big data are driving a 'radical transformation' in China's freight transportation industry, ForU Trucking CEO...
- South Carolina Ports container throughput in May achieves record high
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) reported its strongest May on record, with 204,457 TEU handled during the month
- Hutchison Sohar achieves gross crane rate of 38 moves per hour
HUTCHISON Ports Sohar has reached a new productivity milestone using its new remote-controlled super post-panamax quayside gantry cranes by achieving...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo achieves best revenues in 2018 at US$290m
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo achieved 13 per cent growth in revenue in 2018 after clocking up revenues of GBP222 million (US$290
- Le Havre HAROPA achieves record container volume of 3 million TEU
CONTAINER flow through the Port of Le Havre reached a record 3 million TEU in 2018 despite an 8
- Le Havre again achieves record container volume of 2.1 million TEU
CONTAINER flow through the Port of Le Havre reached a record 2
- Piraeus achieves impressive results, thanks to Cosco's investments
PIRAEUS - the 'southern gate' of Europe - is now the second largest port in the Mediterranean Sea, and it's aiming to be the premier port...
- ONE achieves record shipshore moves in Singapore
JAPAN's Ocean Network Express (ONE) has set a record last month when one of its box ships 'NYK Swan' moved 6,000 containers in 18
- India's Container Corp achieves profit in Q2 FY19 on bigger market share
RAIL freight transporter Container Corporation of India (Concor) posted robust profit for the second quarter of its 2019 fiscal year with EBITDA of...
- Port of Long Beach achieves dramatic reductions in air pollution
The Port of Long Beach is continuing to outperform 2023 clean air goals, with a drop in diesel particulates by 88%, sulfur oxides by 97% and nitrogen...
- Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Christening Ceremony for Diamond Gas Rose, Next-Generation LNG Carrier
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co
- “K” Line takes delivery of 311,000 DWT - type VLCC “TEDORIGAWA”
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd