SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday were flat at US$827 per TEU
- Asia-Europe rates remain flat at US$827/TEU, USWC unchanged at $1,678/FEU
- Yangzijiang captures US$360m worth of newbuilding orders in Q1
YANGZIJIANG Shipbuilding has secured new orders for seven vessels with a total contract value of US$360 million during the first quarter of 2020
- VLCCs: Charterers Regain Control, Suezmax: Rates tumbled
A quieter week in both Middle East and Atlantic regions has allowed charterers to regain control as tonnage availability increases, with the...
- St Petersburg box terminal (CTSP) moves 758,610 TEU up 5.1pc
RUSSIA's Container Terminal Saint-Petersburg CJSC (CTSP) handled 758,610 TEU in 2019, a year-on-year increase of 5
- Asia-Europe falls 0.4pc to US$827/TEU, USWC jumps 18.3pc to $1,610/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday fell 0
- India's JNPT handles record 5.1m TEU in 2019
INDIA's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) processed a record-high 5
- Enhanced patrols in Singapore Strait needed to curb robberies spike
INCIDENTS of robbery in the Singapore Strait and the waters off Malaysia spiked sharply in 2019, sparking industry calls for coastal nations around...
- Venezuela helps local producers by cutting list of tax-free imports
THE Venezuelan government has slashed the number of items that can enter the country free of import taxes, in a bid to bolster local manufacturers...
- India's SpiceJet, Bahrain's Gulf Air work to expand air freight volume
INDIA's low-cost carrier SpiceJet and Bahraini flag carrier Gulf Air have signed a memorandum of understanding to enhance their cooperation and...
- Container lines to grow organically following consolidation wave: DNV GL
THE director of business development and executive vice president of DNV GL, Jan Olaf Probst, has said that the current ecosystem in the container...
- Chinese shipping line starts direct Wuhan to Japan box service
WUHAN Xingang Datong International Shipping, a subsidiary of the Central China Logistics Corporation, is commencing a once weekly container shipping...
- Terminal operators in Australia raise fees to counteract drop in box volumes
CONTAINER terminal operators in Australia have been raising 'port infrastructure' charges to offset the drop in container throughput and...
- Shipping windmills slow as Germans turn against their big energy source
SHIPPING giant windmills parts hither and yon faces prospects of decline as the technology has grown so unpopular that their construction in Germany...
- Container prices fall as boxes stockpile in depots around China
WITH factory stocks continuing to expand and the outlook for container shipping looking less than rosy, prices for new and second hand shipping...
- West Africa is a hotspot for maritime piracy, kidnap and armed robbery
THE majority of maritime kidnappings and hostage-takings took place in or near the Gulf of Guinea between January and September, according to data...
- Abu Dhabi Ports H1 volume increases 82pc to 1.14 million TEU
THE UAE's Abu Dhabi Ports (ADP) first half container throughput increased 82 per cent year on year to 1
- Abu Dhabi Ports sees H1 box volumes surge 82.4pc to 1.1 million TEU
ABU Dhabi Port's container volumes skyrocketed 82
- Global container fleet swells to 23m TEU - scrapping slows and demand weakens
SO far this year 826,000 TEU of cellular capacity on some 108 vessels has been received by liner operators, raising the total global containership...
- Amsterdam Schiphol's H1 cargo drops 9.2pc amid slot shortage
AMSTERDAM Airport Schiphol (S) saw its total cargo volume fall by 9
- Ethiopian Cargo to start freighter services to Thailand and Vietnam
ETHIOPIAN Cargo and Logistics Services, Africa's largest cargo operator, is launching a weekly service to Bangkok, Thailand and Hanoi, Vietnam,...