THE 4,662-TEU Panamanian flagged MSC Fabienne was been taken under tow by 1,811-dwt French...
- 4,662-TEUer taken in tow after 24-hours adrift, resumes voyage
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net...
- Hamburg 2019 volume up 6.1pc to 9.3 million TEU as tonnage up 1.1pc
GERMANY's main Port of Hamburg posted a 6
- Seaspan 2019 profit up 77.3pc to US$368 million as revenue rises 3.6pc
SEASPAN, Hong Kong's non-operating containership owner, posted a 77
- Hamburg's HHLA 2019 container volume up 3.3pc to 7.6 million TEU
GERMAN terminal operator Hamburger Hafen und Logistik (HHLA) increased its group revenue by...
- Dublin Port Company reports 2019 growth of 3.6pc to 1.5 million unitised units
The Dublin Port Company has reported a growth in unitised volumes of 3
- Chinese ports could see box volume down by 6m TEU in Q1 from coronavirus
CONTAINER port volumes in China could take an estimated hit of 6 million TEU in the first...
- Blue Dart loses US$4.65 million in Q3 on back of restructuring initiative
INDIAN express firm Blue Dart has suffered a third-quarter loss of INR330
- Port of Savannah sets new record with 5.6pc rise to 4.6 million TEU
THE Port of Savannah posted a 5
- Seafarer Happiness Index falls from 6.59 to 6.13 in last quarter
A 'Happiness Index' from a Mission to Seafarers survey with 2,000 respondents found...
- 2019 OOCL up 3.8pc to 6.95m TEU, while Q4 up 4.8pc to 1.79m TEU
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, increased its 2019...
- Port of Shanghai acquires 5pc of Ningbo-Zhoushan for US$1.62 billion
THE Port of Ningbo plans to raise CNY11
- Hong Kong airport in 2019 sees cargo fall 6.1pc to 4.8 million tonnes
HONG KONG International Airport suffered a tough year cargo traffic with throughput falling...
- New Orleans boasts another record, up 10pc to 648,538 TEU in 2019
THE Port of New Orleans moved more containers in 2019 than at any time in its history, totalling...
- China's economic growth slows to 6.1pc in 2019, near three decade low
CHINA's economy grew 6
- SF Airlines' fleet to exceed 60 in 2020
CHINA's largest air cargo carrier SF Airlines, will see its fleet of all-cargo freighters...
- Singapore Changi Airport posts 6.1pc decline in November air freight
SINGAPORE Changi Airport's air freight throughput declined 6
- China spends US$636 million on cargo terminal at inland Yingtan
THE inland Port of Yingtan in Jiangxi province north of adjacent coastal Fujian province,...
- Korea's HMM names female skipper to command 8,600-TEUer
JUN Kyoung-ok, 38
- Vietnamese GDP growth off 6.97pc in 4th quarter as demand falls
VIETNAM's GDP growth slowed in the fourth quarter as global demand weakened in the wake...
- IMF ups China 2020 GDP growth forecast from 5.8pc to 6pc
THE new head of the International Monetary Fund applauded the phase one trade deal between...
- GTR opens new US$5.6m airfreight hub at Kuala Lumpur Airport
GTR (Ground Team Red), a joint venture between AirAsia and SATS, has opened a new airfreight...
- China lowers 2020 growth target to 6pc, cranks up state spending
CHINA switches gear to lower economic growth target to six per cent in 2020, down from this...
- Asia-Europe rates surge 11.6pc to US$893 per TEU, USWC slump 9.2pc at $1,370/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday...
- Georgia ports to lift record 4.6m TEU in 2019; rail cargo surges 30pc in 3 years
THE Georgia Ports Authority is on track to exceed a milestone annual container handling throughput...
- AIR cargo volumes in Africa surged 12.6 pc in October, outperforming rest of world
ACCORDING to data compiled by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), globally...
- PANYNJ ExpressRail set record - 666,381 TEU, up 1.2pc in October
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) in October handled 1
- Slow scrubber retrofits remove 3.6pc of box ship fleet from market
SOME 839,100 TEU of containership capacity, equivalent to 3
- US to tap US$60 billion war chest to beat out Huawei 5G in LDCs
A NEW agency, called the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), plans to...
- China's GDP may fall below 6pc in 2020: UBS Wealth Management
CHINA's economic growth could drop below six per cent next year for the first time since...
- Lufthansa faces US$6.4 million fine for unlicensed flights to US cities
DEUTSCHE Lufthansa AG faces a possible US$6
- Long Beach port sees box volume drop 2.4pc YoY in October to 688,425 TEU
THE US Port of Long Beach (PoLB) handled 688,425 TEU in October, representing a decrease of...
- Singapore Airlines Cargo October volumes fall 6.8pc yoy to 107,900 tonnes
SINGAPORE Airlines Cargo's freight volumes in October declined by 6
- ICTSI Oregon wins US$93.6m in court battle with unionised dockworkers
ICTSI Oregon, the operator of the port of Portland's Terminal 6 from 2011 to 2017, has...
- World's largest box ship, 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella, calls at Singapore port
THE port of Singapore has welcomed its largest containership to date, the 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella
- Fraport's first 9 months net profit up 9.4pc to US$457.6 million
GERMAN airport operator Fraport AG's first nine months worldwide net profit increased...
- ICTSI wins US$93.6 million from ILWU dockers for unlawful practices
UNLAWFUL labour practices by the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) was the...
- Sinotrans Q3 profit slips 6.64pc to US$19.68 million, but mum on sales
SINOTRANS, a Hong Kong-based company principally engaged in forwarding, posted a 6
- AAR: North American rail freight 8.6pc down on year ago last October
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending October 26 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and...
- Atlas Air posts flat quarterly profit of US$60 million on flat revenues
UPSTATE New York's NASDAQ-listed Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings reported a flat third quarter...
- Intra-Asia SITC's 9-month revenues up 6.48pc to US$1.13 billion
HONG KONG's intra-Asia container carrier SITC revenues increased 6
- DHL Express opens new US$16.6 million Finland gateway terminal
DHL Express Finland has opened a new EUR15 million (US$16
- Nigeria and China agree on US$629 million Lekki port financing Deal
THE Nigerian State of Lagos has announced it has signed a series of agreements with the China...
- Asia Pacific air cargo declines 6.5pc in September, trade tensions blamed
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) saw cargo volumes decline 6
- HPH Trust Q3 profit falls 2.8pc to US$29.6 million, revenues flat
HUTCHISON Port Holdings Trust's (HPH Trust) third quarter net profit fell 2
- OOCL up 4.1pc to 1,781,120 TEU as revenue rises 5.8pc to US$1.6 billion
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has announced a 4
- Liberian 5,618-TEUer grounded after engine failure in Savannah
THE 5618-TEU SM Vancouver ran aground on a sandbar while leaving the Port of Savannah north...
- Antwerp port's box volume from January to September rises 6.4pc to 8.87m TEU
THE Belgium port of Antwerp saw container throughput rise by 6
- Port of Tokyo's H1 imports and exports drop to 4.6m TEU
JAPAN'S port of Tokyo handled 4
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 4.4pc in September to 172,637 tonnes
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon announced that its September cargo volume...