PORTS in Mexico handled 1
- Container traffic in Mexico declines 7.8pc in first quarter
- Covid-19 outbreak could delay annual ocean shipping contracts
WITH the fallout from the Chinese factory shutdown, unknown consumer demand effects from the coronavirus, volatile fuel costs due to the IMO 2020...
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- Tide turning for Indian supply chains vis-a-vis Colombo transshipments
DATA from the Port of Colombo, which commands most of India's transshipment cargo, suggests that tide has turned in favour of Indian supply...
- Freighter conversions all the rage as Boeing wins small aircraft orders
US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co failed to win any orders for commercial aircraft in January for the first time in over half a century
- South Carolina Ports wins US$20 million US grant to dredge to 52 feet
THE South Carolina Ports Authority has been awarded a US$20 million federal grant to build infrastructure at the Wando Welch Terminal in support of...
- France's Le Havre port hit by protests, prompting officials to offer discounts
HAROPA, the union of the French ports of Paris, Rouen and Le Havre, is to offer commercial rebates and tariff discounts to container shipping lines...
- SC Ports handles record box volumes in January
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority saw steady container volumes in January, after moving a record 211,020 TEU across the Wando Welch and North Charleston...
- India's JNPT handles record 5.1m TEU in 2019
INDIA's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) processed a record-high 5
- Two new super cranes sailing to Hutchison's Stockholm Norvik Port
HONG Kong's Hutchison Ports is to take delivery in March of two brand new super-post-Panamax cranes at the container terminal at the Stockholm...
- Diamond S Shipping lands US$525 million credit to pay debt
DIAMOND S Shipping, a tanker owner and operator, has reached a deal on a five-year US$525 million credit facility that includes a $375 million term...
- US$138 million in Charleston dredging wins federal approval
US President Donald Trump has paved the way for the completion of the US$138 million project to deepen Charleston's harbour to 52 feet in 2021,...
- S Carolina ports is recognised for productivity of Wando Welch Terminal
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority has received international recognition for the port of Charleston's performance, after the Journal of Commerce...
- Oil refiners gear up to supply marine fuel compliant with IMO2020
GLOBAL oil refiners have revamped processing units and adjusted operations to boost output of low sulphur fuels and marine gasoil (MGO) to meet the...
- China's PMI brightens in November, but analysts see darker side
CHINA's National Bureau of Statistics' manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) rose to 50
- North American rail freight up 1.3pc in penultimate November week
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending November 23 totalled 342,235 carloads, up 1
- Tariffs threaten import/export trade at ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach
US tariffs introduced over the past two years - and the retaliatory tariffs that ensued - threaten US$186 billion in the nation's economic...
- 'K' Line back in black with a US$101 million profit, but sales fall 11pc
JAPAN's Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha ('K' Line) was back in the black, posting a first half profit of JPY11
- DHL to quadruple size of sorting facility at Canada's Hamilton airport
DHL Express plans to invest US$100 million in the expansion of its facility located at Hamilton International Airport in Ontario that will quadruple...
- China's manufacturing contracts again as trade uncertainty lingers
CHINA's manufacturing purchasing managers' index fell to 49