GLOBAL container demand fell 2
- April box demand fell 8.1pc to 2.4m TEU: Container Trade Statistics
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- Busan New Port starts dredging work costing US$20.4m to attract mega box ships
DREDGING has commenced for phases two to six of South Korea's Busan New Port development to accommodate mega containerships
- YZJ Shipbuilding's H1 earnings rise 11pc YoY to US$345.4m
YANGZIJIANG (YZJ) Shipbuilding achieved 11 per cent higher profits in the first half of the year compared to 2018, to stand at US$345
- Logistics segment boosts HHLA's H1 earnings (EBIT) to US$127.4m
GERMANY's Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) recorded first-half earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of EUR114
- Box volumes on China's Yangtze River rise 5.3pc in H1 to 9.4m TEU
MAJOR ports located along China's Yangtze river collectively handled 1
- US$4m fine for oil-contaminated ballast water discharge in Texas
A US District Court has fined owners of the Greek-flagged 44,990-dwt chemical tanker Nicos IV US$4 million for discharging oil-contaminated ballast...
- Vietnam's Cai Mep port handles 2.4m TEU buoyed by MSC business
SOUTHERN Vietnam's Cai Mep port complex saw container volumes rise by 21 per cent in the first 10 months of the year to 2
- ONE and PSA in joint venture for 4m TEU box terminal in Singapore
SINGAPORE-HEADQUARTERD and Japanese-owned Ocean Network Express (ONE) has formed a joint venture with PSA in Singapore for a four million TEU...
- INTTRA sets record transaction volume breaching 4m mark in May
NEW Jersey-headquartered INTTRA, the largest neutral network, software and information provider at the centre of the ocean shipping industry,...
- Bulgaria to export 4mn T Wheat to Africa by Egypt’s Logistics Centre
Bulgaria is keen to invest in Damietta’s global logistics centre project, Bulgarian ambassador to Cairo, Rumen Petrov said.
- Imtech Marine technical partner for wind energy project HelWin2
On 27 February Imtech Marine Netherlands signed a large HVAC contract with Heerema Fabrication Group (Zwijndrecht, Netherlands). I
- Growth On a Broad Front
Oil & gas, steel, and over-ambitious plans put the future direction of the Gulf Coast ports in flux. Crucial to development plans is the skill in...
- China: Shenzhen Xunlong Shipping Receives New Catamaran Ferry
On March 21st the 34m long vessel, co-designed and built by Afai Southern shipyard for Shenzhen Xunlong Shipping Ltd, was handed over successfully to...
- New Zealand: Bad Weather Prevents Salvors to Assess Rena’s Break-up Damage
Swells around the Astrolabe Reef are continuing to prevent salvors from diving on the wreck to assess the damage caused through Rena’s break-up and...
- Rena oil spill: ship's captain arrested
The captain of the stricken vessel MV Rena has been arrested and charged overnight. An estimated 70 containers have fallen off the ship.
- Brazil supports USD 1.7 Billion for OSX’s Açu Shipbuilding Unit
Brazilian Government approved the prioritization of financial support for the Açu Shipbuilding Unit project of OSX Construção Naval S.A.,...
- The losing battle against Somali piracy
Piracy in the Indian Ocean has taken an alarming turn recently, with the killings of two seized Filipino crewmen and the hijacking of an oil tanker...
- Holterman 60 Govenor – European Powerboat of the year
A perfect start of the Boat Düsseldorf 2011 as the Vripack designed Holterman 60 wins the European Powerboat of the Year Award in the displacement...
- World shipping fleet grows by 10.1% in deadweight tonnage during 2010
According to a new research from N.Cotzias Shipping Group, the world’s shipping fleet in service has grown by 10.1% in terms of carrying capacity,...