HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced Asia-Europe sailing cancellations over the next two months
- OOCL cancels Asia-Europe sailings due to low demand after National Day holidays
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- HMM joins PSA in Singapore to run container terminal hub
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has become the sixth container line to enter into a joint venture terminal in Singapore with PSA
- China Merchants profit down 76.3pc to US$200 million, sales off 8.7pc
HONG KONG's China Merchants Port first half profit declined 76
- Turkey finds 320 bcm of natural gas in Black Sea, Erdoğan announces
Turkey has made its biggest-ever natural gas discovery in the Black Sea, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Friday.
- Cathay flew 98.7pc fewer passengers and 39.8pc less cargo in July
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 42,984 passengers in July, a year-on-year decrease of 98
- IAG Cargo passenger-freighter idea pays off as sales soar 33.1pc
IAG CARGO's strategy of setting up a scheduled cargo network of passenger-freighters while most of its aircraft are grounded has paid off,...
- Inbound containers at US west coast ports down 8pc in June: PMSA
PACIFIC Merchant Shipping Association (PMSA), which represents shipping lines and marine terminals, says that the big five US west coast ports saw an...
- Ontario International Airport freight shipments surge 30pc in June
AIRFREIGHT shipments increased by nearly 30 per cent in June and 20 per cent in the first half of the year at Ontario International Airport (ONT),...
- OOCL cancels raft of Asia-Europe sailings during height of peak season
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), in response to low demand in the market, has announced a number of blank sailings on the...
- Damen contracted to deliver Cutter Suction Dredger to Argentina
The Damen Shipyards Group has sold a full option Cutter Suction Dredger (CSD) 500 to the Argentinian dredging contractor Servimagnus.
- Oman Air keeps busy delivering UN relief to war-torn Yemeni capital
OMAN Air has revealed it has operated 69 chartered cargo-only flights from April to June, including the highest-ever cargo load the airline has ever...
- China's African Madaraka Express railway blunts Covid-19 impact
THE Chinese-built and operated Madaraka Express that runs 300 miles on the new standard gauge railway between Mombasa and Nairobi, has been credited...
- Multiple Boxship Firms are Achieving IMO 2030 Target a Decade Early
On Friday, Greek shipowner Danaos Shipping joined the growing ranks of container ship companies that have announced that they are already compliant...
- Covid-19 reveals how working from home will cut more shore jobs
DESPITE disruptions caused by the Covid-19 crisis, more than 80 per cent of the normal volumes continued to be shipped, according to Sea-Intelligence...
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- HMM's fleet of box ships increases, other top ocean carriers cut capacity
EVERY deepsea carrier has reduced its operated capacity this year, except South Korea's HMM, which is taking delivery of a series of the...