OCEAN Alliance members CMA CGM, Cosco, Evergreen and OOCL (now part of the Cosco group) are to start their new Day 4 east-west trade network...
- Ocean Alliance offers faster east-west service with more calls
- APL container ship crashes into port of Antwerp crane
A HARBOUR crane at the port of Antwerp collapsed after being hit by container vessel APL Mexico City earlier this week
- Port of Hamburg cargo tops all on Northern Range, says port authority
THE Port of Hamburg seaborne cargo increased 3
- Gallega opens new 325,000 square metre facility in Abu Dhabi
UAE-BASED third-party logistics company, Gallega Global Logistics, has opened a 325,000 square metre facility in Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi...
- Renovation of Germany's longest canal completed to ease truck traffic
RENOVATION of the Mittelland Canal, the longest in Germany at 325 kilometres, has been completed, linking east and west Germany but also canal...
- Turkish Cargo's growth rate is 7 times higher than the market
TURKISH Cargo achieved a 30 per cent growth rate between January and May outstripping the market performance of 4
- Hong Kong and Paris airport operators sign cooperation agreements
THE Airport Authority of Hong Kong (HK) and the Paris airports operator Groupe ADP have inked two MOUs covering airport management, aviation...
- US port of Baltimore receives six new cranes to cope with rising volumes
THE US port of Baltimore has added six rubber-tired gantry (RTG) cranes to better handle volume growth
- Port of Savannah's box volume rises 5.8pc in Q1 FY2018 to 1m TEU
THE Port of Savannah handled one million TEU across its Garden City Terminal between July 1 and September 30, representing an increase of 5.8 per...
- Divers to assess sunken tug
Divers to assess sunken tug
- Tug sank near Sitka
Tug sank near Sitka
- 189 m. bulk carrier Star Harmony went aground in the Strait of İstanbul
Accident in Istanbul Bosphorus Strait... .. Bearing Panama Flag 189 Meters long bulk carrier Star Harmony lwent aground at Yeniköy for an unknown...
- LA July down 1.61pc to 687,891 TEU - LB off 7.7pc to 637,091 TEU
THE Port of Los Angeles posted a 1.61 per cent year-on-year decline in July container volume to 687,891 TEU.
- Long Beach July boxes fall 5.9pc, exports slip 0.7pc, empties down 15.9pc
CONTAINER volume at the Port of Long Beach was down 7.7 per cent to 637,091 TEU in July compared to the same month in 2015, when harbour handled a...
- Baltic Dry Index falls to new all-time low as demand evaporates
FALLING demand and oversupply of vessels pushed the Baltic Exchange's main sea freight index to a new all-time low last week, Reuters reported.
- Currents of the Strait of Istanbul
Istanbul Strait, located between the Black Sea and the Marmara Sea, is a waterway 32 kilometers in length and with an average width of 1.5...
- Two tugs capsized on St. Lawrence River
Two tugs capsized within five hours on the St. Lawrence River in Cornwall on June 22, 2015, around 4 p.m. Initially the "Lac Manitoba" capsized on...
- Low scrap price, rate rebound hopes curb bulker demolitions
The dry bulk shipping sector needs to step up the pace of ship demolitions if it wants to achieve a much needed shrinking of the tonnage overhang it...
- Tangled chassis positioning, transfers big headache for NY/NJ ports
THE ports of New York and New Jersey are determined to untangle the knot of truck chassis ownership and responsibility to tackle the problem of...
- CEO of Sewol Operator to Enter Plea Today
Kim Han-sik, 73, CEO of Chonghaejin Marin, operator of the ill-fated Sewol ferry together with four of his employees will appear before Gwangju...