Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
- North American rail freight traffic volume down 7pc to 654,066 carloads
COMBINED North American rail freight traffic for the week ending February 22 was 654,066 carloads and intermodal units, down seven per cent year on...
- Cosco Shipping Ports profit up 42.9pc to US$324 million, sales up 57pc
COSCO Shipping Ports, a leading global port operator, declared that its 2018 adjusted net profit increased 42
- Qatar ports increased volume 6.1pc to 110,394 TEU in January
BELEAGURED Qatar ports have got off to a flying start in the New Year as container traffic rose 6
- Qatar handles 1.33 million TEU in 2018, up 70pc yoy
HAMAD port in Qatar handled record volumes of containerised cargo, vessels and livestock in 2018 when they received 4,781 vessels for a total of 1
- North American intermodal freight up 3.8pc in November week
NORTH American rail freight volume for the week ending November 24, on 12 reporting American, Canadian and Mexican railroads totalled 336,379...
- MSC and 'K' Line plan to deal with sulphur cap day January 1, 2020
THE Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) and 'K' Line have outlined plans to meet the International Maritime Organisation's upcoming global...
- PSA's box terminal at JNPT raises crane fleet to 27 to boost efficiency
PSA's new flagship Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals (BMCT) that opened in February at India's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) with an...
- Port of Long Beach handles a monthly record of 657,830 TEU in January
THE Port of Long Beach handled 657,830 TEU in January, 12
- Cosco ship saved ten from sinking vessel
Cosco ship saved ten from sinking vessel
- Anna sank in Mediterranean Sea - crew saved
Anna sank in Mediterranean Sea - crew saved
- South Asia 'shining star' of container world with 5.3pc growth
SOUTH Asia region has been identified by London's Drewry Maritime Research as the "shining light" in an otherwise bleak international container...
- OOCL's Asia-Europe revenue falls 28pc as volume drops 12pc
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) posted a 28 per cent decline in second quarter year-on-year revenue to US$291.5 million on the Asia...
- Norwegian GETAWAY About to Get Floated Out
On 2 November 2013 the 146,600-gt cruise ship Norwegian GETAWAY, whose construction has taken merely 12 months, will float out of MEYER WERFT’s...
- 13 dead, 36 wounded in Cebu ship collision
Thirteen are confirmed dead while 36 injured passengers are at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City after two ships collide on...
- MEPC Elects new chair person: Arsenio Domingo
After ten years and seventeen meetings as Chairman of the MEPC, Mr Andreas Chrysostomou from Cyprus chose not to stand for re‐election.
- VIDEO: Meyer Werft Floats Out Norwegian BREAKAWAY
The 145,000 gt cruise ship Norwegian BREAKAWAY, whose construction has taken merely 17 months, has left MEYER WERFT’s covered building dock II on...
- USAD takes credit for lifting trade barriers against US exports in 2012
GROWING Asian consumer power and greater attempts to remove trade barriers between the US and China have resulted in more American agricultural...
- OOCL quarterly volumes rise 3.4pc, revenues up 10.9pc
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has posted a 3.4 per cent year-on-year third quarter increase in volume to 1.36 million TEU, which...
- CMIT Sets New Productivity Benchmarks for Vietnam
On 22nd May 2012 Cai Mep International Terminal (CMIT) set two important new productivity benchmarks for container terminals in Vietnam.