CONTAINERISED exports from the US to 10 major countries and territories in Asia remained nearly unchanged in 2019, declining by 0
- US-Asia containerised exports decline 0.7 per cent to 5,958,060 TEU
- Hapag-Lloyd profit soars 44.5pc to US$162 million as sales rise 14pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd first half net profit increased 44
- LA up 7.8pc as Long Beach falls 16.6pc in May box numbers tally
VOLUMES at the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach(POLB) were mixed in May, according to data issued by the two ports
- UZMAR receives OSV order from Kuwait Oil Company
Exporting SST Tsimshian Warrior to Canada recently, UZMAR received an important order from Kuwait.
- Ferry REGINA SEAWAYS accident under control, ferry under way
Ferry REGINA SEAWAYS suffered an unclear kind of trouble in engine room in Baltcis sea while en route from Kiel to Klaipeda Lithuania, being...
- Tug grounded in typhoon
On Sep 4, 2018, the 'Kyuei Maru No 18' dragged its anchor, due to the typhoon Jebi when it made landfall with wind speeds of 162 km/h, and...
- Swing bridge damaged tank barge
On July 29, 2018, around 3 p
- CN invests US$28m to upgrade its rail network in New Brunswick, Canada
CANADIAN National plans to invest CAD30 million (US$22
- Demand for new homes in US boosts household good imports
INCREASING US consumer confidence and demand for new homes is swelling container volumes for importers of household goods
- Ferry on fire
The 'Paray', 162 gt (IMO: 8827129) caught fire at Jagoh port, Linnga Archipelago, in the afternoon of May 30, 2018, upon arrival from Penarik
- Cargo ship sank after collision
On March 6, 2018, at 3.30 p.m. the 'Việt Thuận 68' was in collision with the 'Phuong Linh 16' in pos. 20 ° 20'00N 107 ° 05'00E off Haiphong.
- Tanker escorted to Hawaii after propulsion trouble
The 'BV Var' suffered propulsion problesm in position 30 55 N 162 29 W on Jan 9, 2018
- Maersk to switch Mundra call to Pipavav to boost its APM Terminals
MAERSK Line plans to stop calling at Mundra port on its Far East-Indian Subcontinent service (FI3) and instead call at APM Terminals Pipavav (Gujarat...
- Maersk Names H-Class Newbuild MAERSK HORSBURGH
Maersk Names H-Class Newbuild MAERSK HORSBURGH
- Heavy swell, sand storms stop operations at Jeddah and Jubail ports
ADVERSE weather, including heavy swells and sand storms, have curtailed port operations at the Red Sea ports of Jeddah and Jubail, Saudi Arabia,...
- LA's January up 17.4pc to 826,640 TEU, LB up 8.7pc to 582,689 TEU
THE Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach, the two largest North American ports, got off to a flying start to the year, with total...
- LA Port's busiest January on record handling 826,640 TEU
THE Port of Los Angeles handled 826,640 TEU in January, a surge of 17.4 per cent over the same month in 2016, making it the busiest January in the...
- USCG issues BWMS type approval to Alfa Laval, OceanSaver AS
The Coast Guard Marine Safety Center issued the second U.S. Coast Guard Ballast Water Management System Type Approval Certificate to Swedish...
- US Coast Guard approves Optimarin's ballast water treatment system
THE US Coast Guard Marine Safety Centre has issued its first US type-approval certificate for a ballast water management system produced by the...
- Conference told expanded Panama Canal yet to fill box ship transit goals
SHIPPING lines speaking at the recently held TOC Americas Container Supply Chain event in Cancun, Mexico, say the expanded Panama Canal is...