CATHAY Pacific and Cathay Dragon transported a combined 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, representing a year-on-year decrease of 8
- Cathay flies 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, down 8.9pc
- Coronavirus to cost container lines US$300-350m per week in lost revenue
CONTAINER shipping lines are taking an estimated revenue hit of US$300-$350 million as they blank sailings while the coronavirus continues on its...
- Deep-water port in Gdynia to be built as public-private partnership
POLAND's Port of Gdynia Authority along with the Ministry of Investment and Economic Development have selected the transactional advisor to...
- Oakland Q1 up 4.2pc to 612,151 TEU on consumer demand
THE Port of Oakland handled 612,151 TEU in the first quarter, marking a year-on-year increase of 4
- New York-New Jersey box throughput reaches 7m TEU milestone
THE Port of New York and New Jersey handled a record-breaking seven million TEU in 2018 for the first time in its history
- Charter market ends '18 poorly, sees panamax rescue in sulphur ban
THE short-term charter market outlook for non-operating containership owners is 'grim' according to Alphaliner, but there could be a silver...
- Savannah port to better 2017 box throughput record, with 4.3m TEU in 2018
THE Georgia Ports Authority (GPA) is heading towards an all-time record high container throughput this year of 4
- Fire on barge in Rotterdam
On Sep 26, 2018, around 3
- Recovered oil of Manolis L unloaded in St. John's
The Canadian Coast Guard said the operation to remove the oil from the 'Manolis L' was a success
- Barge towed by OT 1515 broke lose and grounded
The barge Barge 2025', being towed by the 'OT-1515', broke lose from its tug on Sep 9, 2018, in the southern section of the Kerch Strait
- Smaller box ship's loss of appeal leads to scrapping making a comeback
NON-OPERATING owners of ageing gas-guzzling small box ships are likely to renew their interest in scrapping as the charter market makes an unexpected...
- PANYNJ thanks Bayonne Bridge for 6.8pc boost in first half box volume
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) posted a 6
- APL's President Kennedy makes maiden call at Yokohama
SINGAPORE's APL, now a unit of French shipping giant CMA CGM, together with the Yokohama Port and Harbour Bureau and Yokohama-Kawasaki...
- Faliure of both engines during canal transit
The 'Saris' suffered a failure of its two engines at kilometer mark 151 on the Volga–Caspian-Sea-Canal at on July 5, 2018, at 1
- Brazilian truck strike 'cost LATAM Airlines US$13 million'
THE Brazilian truckers' strike forced LATAM Airlines Brazil to cancel 151 domestic flights between May 25 and 30, out of a scheduled total of...
- Collision on Sheksna River
On June 2, 2018, at 5
- Turkey Starts Operation of Its Second Floating LNG Unit
Turkey launched the operation of its second floating liquefied natural gas unit, MOL FSRU Challenger, on February 7
- Maersk to switch Mundra call to Pipavav to boost its APM Terminals
MAERSK Line plans to stop calling at Mundra port on its Far East-Indian Subcontinent service (FI3) and instead call at APM Terminals Pipavav (Gujarat...
- Bulkcarrier capsized, 15 rescued, 11 crew members missing
Bulkcarrier capsized, 15 rescued, 11 crew members missing
- Svitzer Chirripo 150th designed Tug for Sanmar by Robert Allan Ltd. for Svitzer’s Silver Bullet Project
The Svitzer Hermod and Svitzer Chirripo are the first two of six customized Robert Allan Ltd. RAstar 2800 class terminal support/escort tug designs...