THE Port of Seattle has unveiled plans to spend US$9
- Seattle to spend US$9.5 billion on port expansion of marine facilities
- Mongolia-China 2019 cross-border trade volume swells to US$8.9 billion
CHINA's trade volume with Mongolia ballooned to US$8
- Johor port's throughput swells to one million TEU
MALYASIA's Johor Port Bhd handled a record one million TEU in 2019, up 10
- Global container fleet swells to 23m TEU - scrapping slows and demand weakens
SO far this year 826,000 TEU of cellular capacity on some 108 vessels has been received by liner operators, raising the total global containership...
- Bunker operations at Hong Kong suspended due to Typhoon Mangkhut
Bunker operations at the port of Hong Kong was suspended Monday due to Typhoon Mangkhut, which made landfall on Sunday
- Crane ship on fire
In the morning of Sep 9, 2018, the 'Titan II', one of the five Oceanography ships that have been stranded in the area of the Protected...
- Anti pollution work continued
The salvage operations at the 'SSL Kolkata' were continuing in rough weather conditions with 2- 4 metre swells
- Cleanup after container loss will be costly venture
The Yang Ming shipping company of the 'YM Efficiency' was set to foot the bill for the costly clean-up
- Sailors injured in rough seas off Port Elizabeth
On June 6, 2018, at noon the NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew was activated by the SA Air Force 15 Squadron Charlie Flight following their activation by...
- Container ship docked in Sydney after cargo loss
On June 6 at 9
- Ship that lost 83 shipping containers docks as clean-up continues
A cargo ship that lost 83 shipping containers carrying everything from nappies to furniture has docked in Sydney, as hundreds of workers continue to...
- Allision in Zonguldak
On Jan 21, 2018, the 'Kota Bahagia' broke from its moorings and allided with a pier at Zonguldak in heavy seas and swells
- Cruise ship battered by severe storm
Enrute to New York, the 'Norwegian Breakaway' encountered a severe storm on Jan 4, 2018, with 4,000 passenger on board
- Wreckage of downed helicopter found
Wreckage of downed helicopter found
- Global idle containership fleet swells to 1.7m TEU: Drewry
THE number of idle containerships globally ballooned to 435 ships, aggregating 1.7 million TEU in early November, up from 238 vessels with a combined...
- Winter storm closes South African Port of Durban for a day
THE Port of Durban was closed for a day this week due to high swells and strong winds after heavy rains and snow fell over much of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Captain Radhika Menon to receive 2016 IMO Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea
Captain Radhika Menon, Master of the oil products tanker Sampurna Swarajya, is to receive the 2016 IMO Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea for her...
- Bulker "Jiangjuan 6" hit the reef and almost sinking
August 7 morning, the 179.9 m, deadweight 31,000 tons bulk carrier "Jiangquan 6" with a load of 24,000 tons of ore passing from north to south...
- Damaged HK ship given port of refuge in Korea after 100 days at sea
A DAMAGED Hong Kong flagged but Singapore owned chemical tanker has been given refuge in South Korea after nearly 100 days at sea with 30,000 tonnes...
- Idle fleet swells with 40 over-panamax ships idle at year-end
WORLDWIDE the total number of idle containerships bigger than 500 TEU stood at 235 units with an aggregate capacity of 779,230 TEU at the end of...