DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- OOCL restores two transpacific sailings cancelled in June
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has restored two transpacific sailings that were cancelled on June 18
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- Cargolux and Unilode boost partnership using Bluetooth readers
UNILODE and Cargolux will install Bluetooth readers at cargo warehouses in order to increase visibility of unit load device (ULD) and create...
- John Menzies warns of redundancies as cargo volumes plunge
UK-HEADQUARTERED handler John Menzies saw its air cargo volumes decline by 37 per cent year on year in April as a result of the coronavirus...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- SIPG and THE Alliance test fast-track box processing at Yangshan port
SHANGHAI International Port Group (SIPG) and THE Alliance have entered into an agreement to test out onshore container drop-offs for cargoes bound...
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL Express to open new US$79m cargo facility at Munich Airport
DHL Express Germany is planning to build a new cargo facility, covering more than 8,000 square metres, at Munich Airport
- OOCL clinches fuel efficiency gong
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has been presented with the Fuel Efficiency Award at the Seatrade Maritime...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- Launch capsize in Buriganga: 32 bodies recovered so far
Rescue workers recovered the bodies of 32 people after a launch carrying over 100 passengers capsized in Buriganga river at Dhaka's Shyambazar this...