GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor
- Rolls-Royce's Dreamliner sounds safety alert over turbine cracks
AIRCRAFT engine maker Rolls-Royce has been hit with complaints of design faults in its Trent 1000 turbine that powers the already troubled Boeing 787...
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...
- Italy, Malta reject 52 migrants stranded on animal cargo ship!
Captain of Lebanese cargo ship carrying 52 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean says food and water are running out.
- DP World purchases major stake in TIS Yuzhny port's box terminal
DUBAI's DP World has completed its acquisition of a 51 per cent stake in TIS Container Terminal in the Ukrainian Port of Yuzhny, 50 kilometres...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- Pirates kidnap nine in attack on vessel off Nigeria!
Pirates attacked an oil production vessel off Nigeria in the early hours of Thursday and kidnapped nine Nigerian nationals, the ship’s owner BW...
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- Indonesia industrial park to spearhead bid to lure China supply chains
INDONESIA plans to build one of its largest industrial parks on the north coast of Java island in a renewed drive to attract manufacturers relocating...
- Survey on Covid-19 impact on maritime workforce
LLOYD's Register (LR) in partnership with the UK Chamber of Shipping, the Mission to Seafarers, Safety at Sea and with the support of other...
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL Express to open new US$79m cargo facility at Munich Airport
DHL Express Germany is planning to build a new cargo facility, covering more than 8,000 square metres, at Munich Airport
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Repatriation required for 80,000 Filipino seafarers stranded in ships
REPATRIATION is long overdue for about 80,000 Filipino seafarers who are stranded in ships worldwide with their work contracts expired and unable to...