ABU Dhabi Ports has affirmed that the expansion of Khalifa Port is on track for a phase one opening by the first quarter of 2021, as well as...
- First phase of Khalifa Port expansion due to open Q1 2021
- Cainiao links up with BEST to boost China-Malaysia e-commerce services
ALIBABA's logistics arm Cainiao is to partner BEST Inc, a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider from...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- Bollore and Antonov Airlines move Airbus satellite from France to US
FRANCE's transport and logistics business provider Bollore Logistics recently teamed up with Ukraine-based Antonov Airlines to move Airbus...
- ICTSI handles imports at La Plata that now rival Buenos Aires
NOW that reefer facilities have opened in TecPlata, logistics services now rival what is available 60 kilometres away from Beunos Aires, notes...
- WFS scores a double at Madrid Airport
PARIS, France-headquartered Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has won cargo handling contracts with AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and Air China Cargo...
- Prompt action needed for air cargo sector to handle vaccine distribution
THE global head of cargo at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Glynn Hughes, says the air cargo sector still faces challenges after...
- PIL unloads another three box ships to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED under pressure Pacific International Lines (PIL) continues to divest itself of tonnage to help pay bills
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Antonov Airlines delivers newest satellite for SpaceX launch
ANTONOV Airlines has cooperated with Bollore Logistics to move Airbus Defence and Space's most current satellite, ANASIS-II to the USA, reports...
- Airbus beats Boeing on deliveries, avoids order cancellations
THE Covid-battered commercial aviation market finds Airbus ahead as it has delivered 39 jets last month while its rival Boeing delivered only 13
- Port of Salalah volume up 13pc to 2.2 million TEU in first half
OMAN's Salalah port continues to see significant growth as key lines consolidate operations around the harbour, reports Dubai's Maritime...