PERSONAL protective equipment shipments volumes faded, but global air cargo volumes in June provided the first real indicators of the sector's...
- Australian note air cargo moves toward structural recovery in June
- WFS pharma volume increases after widespread facilities investment
PARIS-BASED groundhandler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has seen 'significant increases' in time- and temperature-sensitive volumes in the...
- Antonov Airlines flies two trains from Germany to China
UKRANIAN carrier Antonov Airlines recently teamed up with KN Airlift to transport two Max Bogl TSB trains from Munich to Chengdu, reports...
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- John Menzies warns of redundancies as cargo volumes plunge
UK-HEADQUARTERED handler John Menzies saw its air cargo volumes decline by 37 per cent year on year in April as a result of the coronavirus...
- Schiphol needs more comprehensive look at slots for freighters
GATEWAYS like Amsterdam Schiphol Airport should secure sufficient slots for freighters as they are poised to shoulder a disproportionately high...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- Qatar Cargo volume boosted by bellyhold and freighter operations
QATAR Airways Cargo has continued to head the market in April as volumes hit 900 million cargo tonne kilometres (CTK), according to IATA data,...
- Air cargo weakened in May due to Covid-19: AAPA
PRELIMINARY May 2020 traffic analysis from the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) saw air cargo demand in May, measured in freight tonne...
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Cranfield Research sees a smaller, slow recovery in air transport industry
RESEARCH led by the UK's Cranfield University, in Bedfordshire, has found that the Covid 19 pandemic will lead to a smaller, more consolidated...
- Air France offers employees voluntarily buyouts to cut overhead
AIR France is offering incentives to 8,300 staffers who voluntarily quit to cut costs without causing a political backlash, Bloomberg reports
- FAA releases plan to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes
THE Federal Aviation Administration (F) released a multi-stepped plan on how to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes on Boeing...
- Cathay to cut to freight-only passenger flights as air cargo rates retreat
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific is reported to be preparing to cancel 'many' of its freight-only flights as air cargo rates begin to drop...
- SIA Cargo puts reliance on cargo-only passenger flights
SINGAPORE's SIA Cargo has reported that May cargo load factor was 14
- Frankfurt Airport cargo runs at full speed during the crisis
- April reduction in air freight largest since 2009 recession
THE Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI), based on the amount of freight carried by the for-hire transportation, fell 7
- US relents, expands flights from China airlines to 4 weekly
The US Government will allow Chinese airlines four flights a week into its airports, an expansion following China's announcement it would permit...
- China Eastern to make Hainan home base for new airline
CHINA Eastern has joined with the country's biggest online travel agency Trip