THE global head of cargo at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Glynn Hughes, says the air cargo sector still faces challenges after...
- Prompt action needed for air cargo sector to handle vaccine distribution
- Sanmar delivers another tug to Somaliland Port Authority
- Lome emerges as top transshipment port to Sahel region.
TOGO's Port of Lome has emerged as the top transshipment centre for goods coming and going to and from Sahel countries in the northern regions of...
- Sanmar brings Svitzer and Port of Sohar to full strength!
The final piece of the tug fleet regeneration programme for Sohar Port has reached its finale with the technical delivery of the third powerful...
- Court stops Kenya Airways pilots' sacking until state bailout
A COURT ordered Kenya Airways to stop sacking pilots pending a case challenging the layoffs, reports Bloomberg
- Maersk breaks ranks and drops Nigerian peak season surcharge
DENMARK's Maersk Line, the world's biggest container carrier has broken ranks with the European Community Shippers Association (ECSA) and...
- CMA CGM hikes Asia-South Africa rate US$500 on September 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a US$500 per TEU rate increase on cargo moving from Asia including China, South Korea, Taiwan, South East...
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- Pemco delivers world's first B737-700 FlexCombi to Texel Air
BAHRAIN's cargo airline Texel Air has taken delivery of the world's first Boeing 737-700 FlexCombi from conversion firm Pemco
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- CMA CGM ups rate US$500/TEU from Asia to West Africa September 14
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will increase rates US$500 per TEU from September 14 from Taiwan and mainland China to West Africa
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- SpiceJet uses A340 'preighter' on long-haul cargo flight
INDIAN low-cost carrier SpiceJet has expanded its intercontinental cargo operations with the launch of its first long-haul 'freighter' flight
- Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk!
Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk As Mystery Continues Over Final Location!
- Bollore gets West African mangoes to market in best reefer style
FRENCH forwarding giant BolloreTransport & Logistics has processed 10,575 tonnes, or 940 TEU of mangoes through the air and ocean, reports Ecofin...
- DP World's Unifeeder acquires Transworld and Avana Logistek
DP World-owned Unifeeder is making a significant expansion into the Middle East and Indian sub-continent markets acquiring Transworld Feeders FZCO...
- Agility facility to be leading retailer's central warehouse and distribution centre
KUWAITI logistics major Agility has leased warehouse space in the Agility Logistics Park (ALP) in Abidjan to CDCI (Compagnie de Distribution de Cote...
- West African stowaways jump to their deaths from ship in Valencia
THE 3,104-TEU Liberian-flagged Leto has informed authorities in the Port of Valencia that two stowaways jumped overboard shortly after the ship...
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5