INDONESIA plans to build one of its largest industrial parks on the north coast of Java island in a renewed drive to attract manufacturers relocating...
- Indonesia industrial park to spearhead bid to lure China supply chains
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Nallian expands business by acquiring pharma logistics consultancy
AIR cargo data platform Nallian has acquired pharma logistics consultant 4Advice as it looks to expand the range of services it can offer
- TS Lines in search of new ships as Q1 profits soar 170pc to US$21.5m
CHAIRMAN of TS Lines, Chen Te Shen says controlling costs and services additions on routes with growing demand have led to the Taiwan carrier's...
- Canadian Pacific closes sale of Central Maine & Quebec Railway network
CANADIAN Pacific has completed the acquisition of the entire Central Marine & Quebec (CMQ) railway network, which was first announced in November...
- Greece doubles down on building Chinese cooperation in Piraeus port
THE Athens Stock Exchange-listed Piraeus Port Authority's (PPA) US$648 million investment plan is moving all ahead full, Greek Shipping Minister...
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- Cargotec unloads 49pc share in China joint venture
HELSINKI, Finland-headquartered Cargotec has completed the sale of its share of the joint venture Rainbow-Cargotec Industries Co Ltd (RCI) in China
- Piraeus aims to be top container port in the Mediterranean
GREECE's port of Piraeus has now become the Mediterranean's top container-handling port, according to officials from the Piraeus Port...
- Lufthansa Group obtains US$9.9b in financial support
LUFTHANSA Group has secured approval from the federal German government's economic stabilisation fund, WSF, for a EUR9 billion (US$9
- Turkish Ceyport Acquires Three Vessels From Med Marine
Med Marine and Ceyport Tekirdağ Uluslararası Liman İşletmeciliği A.Ş. (Cey Group Company) from Turkey, signed a sales contract for two tugboats...
- Bollore Logistics acquires G Solutions to strengthen Nordic footprint
BOLLORE Logistics of France has expanded its presence in the Nordics with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Swedish company Global Freight...
- COLREGS: Still fit for purpose?
There has been much debate about the COLREGS over the last 12 months or so, with many suggesting that it is now time for not just some amendments but...
- XPO to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics plans to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
- Full speed ahead for CMA CGM's upbeat boss, despite CEVA and debt woes
DESPITE slipping from third to fourth place in Alphaliner's ocean carrier rankings and carrying a debt load of US$18 billion against an annual...
- Canada's Delmar acquires Rotra to expand US footprint, capabilities
CANADIAN freight forwarder Delmar International has acquired Rotra LLC and Rotra Brokerage Services Inc
- Neptune Pacific Line buys Singapore's PIL subsidiary Pacific Direct Line
NEPTUNE Pacific Line (Neptune), which provides container shipping services in the Pacific between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, has acquired...
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- Wan Hai spends US$187m on a pair of PIL boxships
TAIWAN's regional carrier Wan Hai Lines is to purchase a pair of container carriers from Singapore's Pacific International Lines (PIL)
- Alstom to acquire rail unit of Bombardier for up to US$6.7b
FRENCH train maker Alstom SA agreed to buy the rail unit of Bombardier Inc