THE downturn in US-China trade is prompting major container shipping lines to scrap an expanding number of weekly transpacific sailings
- Container lines blank more sailings to match demand, bolster rates
- YZJ Shipbuilding's H1 earnings rise 11pc YoY to US$345.4m
YANGZIJIANG (YZJ) Shipbuilding achieved 11 per cent higher profits in the first half of the year compared to 2018, to stand at US$345
- Hong Kong Harbour down all around in June's container throughput
THE Hong Kong Marine Department figures showed that the harbour's June container throughput declined 12
- Panama Canal hails 13,345-TEU Cosco Faith - its 5,000th neopanamax
THE 13,345-TEU Cosco Faith, part of Ocean Alliance's Asia-US east coast service, was feted as the 5,000th neopanamax passed through the expanded...
- OOCL cancels sailings to meet slowdown after Chinese National Day
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has announced the withdrawal of the following Asia-Europe sailings because of low demand after...
- Saudi's top state-controlled ports deliver mixed box results in 1H
THE Port of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia's biggest container gateway, handled 2
- HK box volume slides 5.4pc yoy in May
THE Port of Hong Kong saw container throughput slide 5
- Eurogate's 2017 container traffic totals 14.4 million TEU
TERMINAL operator Eurogate handled 14
- 2016: Turkey's year of mega-projects
Bridges, highways, mountain tunnels and even space satellites mark a huge year for Turkish projects
- Season's idle fleet numbers back up to more than one million TEU
THE idle containership fleet has grown back to more than one million 20 TEU after a brief dip in July, with rising unemployment impacting all vessel...
- Seaspan scraps youngest ship ever, some say, it's only the beginning
HONG KONG non-operating owner Seaspan has sold one of the youngest ships ever for scrap, letting the 4,600-TEU Seaspan Excellence go for US$5.96...
- Baltic sea freight index up on higher rates for bigger vessels
The Baltic Exchange’s main sea freight index, tracking rates for ships carrying dry bulk commodities, extended gains on Friday, helped by higher...
- LA port down 2.5pc to 699,000 TEU - LB up 18.4pc to 690,244 TEU
CARGO volumes at Port of Los Angeles fell 2.5 per cent to 699,000 TEU in July while the adjacent Port of Long Beach posted an 18.4 per cent increase...
- Long Beach hits all-time record, up 18.4pc in July to 690,244 TEU
THE Port of Long Beach posted an 18.4 per cent year-on-year increase in July container volume to 690,244 TEU, making it the best yet in its 104-year...
- Suez Canal: an inevitable route for the CMA CGM Group
Suez Canal: a route providing the CMA CGM Group’s vessels an alternative to the Cape of Good Hope route and to the Panama Canal. Over 600 CMA CGM...
- The CMA CGM KERGUELEN, CMA CGM’s largest vessel, crosses the Suez Canal
On May 2nd, 2015, the CMA CGM KERGUELEN entered the convoy crossing the Suez Canal
- Boat people first refused to leave cruise ship Salamis Filoxenia, but disembarked later
The 345 rescued Syrian migrants rescued by the "Salamis Filoxenia" refused to disembark in Limassol. The were taken aboard on Sep 25, after the small...
- Rescue mission launched for 300 stranded in boat off Paphos, Cyprus
S. Cyprus has launched a search and rescue operation off its coast for 300 people stranded at sea, mostly women and children, the state’s Defence...
- Container shipping outlook bleak as tonnage glut continues
The outlook for the global container shipping market remains bleak as analysts continued to blame the severe tonnage glut that is not expected to...
- Rob Ford stands firm:'I'll be running this ship, even if it's by myself'- CTV News
Sun News NetworkRob Ford stands firm:'I'll be running thisship, even if it's by myself'CTV News"I'll be running thisship, even if...