Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- Container shipping heading for a US$9b annual profit: Sea-Intelligence
DESPITE the significant loss of box volume due to the pandemic, spot rates have soared above year-over-year levels through the second quarter,...
- Seafarers Need Recognition and Support from Governments: IMO Chief
The world’s top maritime regulator writes that seafarers are ensuring the movement of essential goods during the pandemic, but restrictions on crew...
- Five ships detained in UK over welfare fears for crew
BRITAIN's Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has made an urgent intervention in the growing crisis over the welfare of 1,500 crew on five cruise...
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- China-Europe rail freight comes into its own during Covid-19 pandemic
RAIL freight from Xian to Europe have seen an increase in volumes this year in response to air cargo supply chains, reports London's Air Cargo...
- Maersk expects improved second quarter as market demand grows
DANISH shipping giant Maersk, the world largest container carrier, said its second quarter results will be better than its first
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- Volga-Dnepr upgrades An-124 by 20 tonnes to 150 tonnes
RUSSIA's Volga-Dnepr upgraded the capacity of a second An-124 aircraft by 20 tonnes, bringing total payload to 150 tons, reports London's Air...
- Cargo volumes up 15.9pc at Panama ports January - May
CARGO volumes in Panamanian ports grew 15
- Lesser criminal incidents at sea increase in Asia in 5 months
AN increase of lesser criminal incidents at sea were reported between January and May in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and...
- The welfare of 400,000 stranded sailors must not be forgotten!
The merchant navy is key to the world's recovery from this crisis. But hundreds of thousands of sailors remain stranded. It’s time for the UK take...
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- China loses WTO dispute against EU in 'market status' bid
BEIJING failed to win its battle to have the European Union recognise China as a 'market economy' as defined by the World Trade Organisation,...
- Covid-19 spawned ecommerce prompts DHL to add 400 jobs
DHL Express, a leading provider of international express shipping services, is adding 400 new jobs in the United States due to a double-digit volume...
- China Eastern to make Hainan home base for new airline
CHINA Eastern has joined with the country's biggest online travel agency Trip