The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!
- Steel cutting ceremony: Tug built by UZMAR for Aarhus Port!
UZMAR Shipyard of Turkiye has cut the first steel for Port of Aarhus, Denmark on September 03. Limited number of valuable guests attended the...
- Record 400-plus migrants cross Channel in one day
More than 400 migrants have crossed the English Channel in small boats - a record for a single day.
- Livestock carrier goes missing with 43 crew onboard!
Japan’s coastguard is searching for 2002-built livestock carrier Gulf Livestock 1 after receiving a distress call from the vessel early this...
- COVID-19: Nigeria Repatriates Over 500 Seafarers!
More than 500 seafarers have been repatriated to their various countries from Nigeria in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, an...
- Milestone with SANMAR's technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
Another milestone for Orkney Island Council and SANMAR with technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
- U.S. targets Chinese individuals, companies!
The United States on Wednesday blacklisted 24 Chinese companies and targeted individuals it said were part of construction and military actions in...
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- The nuclear option for shipping
Finding a ‘magic bullet’ that will provide shipping with dramatically reduced GHG and CO2 emissions, looks like a long and tortuous road, as...
- Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk!
Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk As Mystery Continues Over Final Location!
- Damen Shiprepair Harlingen completed repair project of ferry Vlieland
Damen Shiprepair Harlingen (DSHl) has recently completed a repair project to Rederij Doeksen's passenger/car ferry Vlieland.
- Two Dead, Two Missing in Corpus Christi Dredge Fire
The bodies of two of four workers missing after a dredging vessel caught fire and sank in Corpus Christi, Texas, were recovered on Saturday, the U.S....
- Turkey finds 320 bcm of natural gas in Black Sea, Erdoğan announces
Turkey has made its biggest-ever natural gas discovery in the Black Sea, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Friday.
- Most of the Wakashio ship now on the the Indian Ocean's floor!
Front three-quarters of the Wakashio bulk carrier now sitting on the floor of the Indian Ocean
- By refusing to work, more over-contract seafarers get off via Panama
After recent success in helping the crew of the MV Contamines get off their vessel and be repatriated via Panama, the ITF has helped more seafarers...
- Two ships collided near Shanghai causing major fire, 14 missing (VİDEO)
An oil tanker collided with a sand barge near the estuary of the Yangtze River off Shanghai this morning, with 14 crew reported missing.
- Contamines crew refuse to work in Panama crew change stand off
The crew of another ship have taken matters into their own hands in a new front in the unfolding crew change crisis.