Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
- Desperate for a lifeline!
Twelve Vietnamese seafarers, including the captain, have been stranded in Malaysian waters in deplorable conditions since they started work aboard...
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- How to get more women seafarers on board!
Around 80% of international trade is seaborne, making seafaring key to worldwide security, development and economic prosperity.
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Costly cargo: The plight of seafarers in a pandemic
Amid the many consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, thousands of seafarers around the world are now locked onboard their ships with expired...
- Iskenderun Ship Management Expands Its Fleet!
İskenderun Ship Management announced that a new ship was bought by shipowner Engineer İbrahim Mazman and his family to be operated within the...
- Shipping’s darkest secret: suicides at sea
Shipping has been accused of covering up the numbers of suicides at sea with urgent calls to be more transparent about one of the sector’s darkest...
- Italy, Malta reject 52 migrants stranded on animal cargo ship!
Captain of Lebanese cargo ship carrying 52 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean says food and water are running out.
- Cocaine and Two Stevedores Discovered in Container on Maersk Boxship
Mexican authorities are reporting the seizure of more than $1 million worth of cocaine along with two individuals when the Maersk Line container...
- Italy migrant crisis!
Italy migrant crisis: 180 migrants allowed off rescue ship
- Major Gridlock Expected in Ship Repair Yards
Ship owners are expected to face huge delays and congestion in their attempts to book future retrofitting or ship repair projects in the various...
- Damen Shipyards Group has delivered five Damen Ferries!
Damen Shipyards Group has delivered five Damen Ferries 2306 E3 to Arriva Denmark in Copenhagen.
- Sanmar Adds "IYIDERE" to Its Portfolio as Targe Towing from UK have ordered!
Targe Towing from UK have ordered two Robert Allan RAmbler 1200 multi-purpose mini tugs based on the successful twin screw RA 1600 design.
- Pirates kidnap nine in attack on vessel off Nigeria!
Pirates attacked an oil production vessel off Nigeria in the early hours of Thursday and kidnapped nine Nigerian nationals, the ship’s owner BW...
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- Automated shipping coming to Europe's waters
Moving more goods by water could reduce pressure on roads and cut emissions, yet Europe’s shipping industry is held back by labour shortages....
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say